Starting your journey with Jesus begins with conversion and baptism.
Start Your Journey
How to Start Your Journey with Jesus
Sin is anything that causes us to fall short of the glory of God. Scripture says this about our relationship to sin, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Scripture also says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23). Romans 10:9-10 says, “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
You start your journey toward Jesus by admitting you’re a sinner, confessing your sin to Jesus, and by asking Jesus to forgive your sin. Through admission and confession to Christ, you are making him Lord of your life and believing in his life, death, and resurrection.
Scripture then calls followers of Christ to go through the sacrament of baptism.
How to Start Your Journey with HBC
Any person may offer themselves as a candidate for membership at any service of the church. They may present themselves:
- By profession of faith and baptism. When an individual makes a profession of faith in Christ as Lord and Savior, and is baptized by immersion.
- By Baptism. Individuals who have previously accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior but were never immersed in believer’s baptism.
- By promise of a letter from another sister Baptist church which practices baptism by immersion.
- By statement of faith. Individuals who are in compliance with (1) or (2) above and are joining from a church of a different denomination or a Baptist church which either we do not transfer letters with or they have no record of the individual’s membership.
- By restoration. Individuals who have been previously excluded from the membership of this fellowship, have confessed the error of their ways and given evidence of repentance and humility may be restored to membership during any regular business meeting.
Who We Are
The purpose of Harrodsburg Baptist Church, composed of a body of baptized believers who share a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, is to serve as a redemptive body in Christ, ministering in His name, through the power of the Holy Spirit. The church expresses its purpose through proclamation of the gospel and worship of God, Christian education and discipleship, fellowship and caring, witness and ministry, missions at home and abroad, and the application of Christian principles to our lives and in the world.
What We Believe
The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. The church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of the Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 1963.
We believe the Bible teaches that God is the Creator and Sustainer of human life.
We believe that God creates each person in His image and that life is sacred from conception to natural death.
We believe that God creates each person as male or female. These two distinct complementary genders together reflect the “image of God” in humankind (Genesis 1:27).
We believe the Bible teaches that in the beginning God established marriage as a lifelong and exclusive relationship between one man and one woman. God has reserved sexual intimacy as an expression of love and commitment between such married couples and that any intimate expression of sexuality outside of Biblical marriage is sin.
What Should I Wear?
What’s the Music Like?
How Do I Meet People?
How Do I Volunteer/Serve?
Service Times and Location
Sunday Services: 10 a.m. in-person worship; 11 a.m. virtual worship on Facebook Live, YouTube, and Spectrum Channel 376
Wednesday Services: 6 p.m. Bible Study for all ages
Meet Our Staff
Dr. Paul Gibson
Bo joined the HBC staff in February of 2020.
Administrative and Financial Assistant
Harrodsburg Baptist Church
312 S. Main St.
Harrodsburg, KY 40330